Saturday, January 3, 2009

Again, I ask the Question "How bad do I want it?"


Here I am a week from ending the competition and I am hating the scale. Having the Holidays is really hard. I have been so good at watching what I eat, however I can't imagine what the scale would read if I went into the Holidays like I have done in the past. No wonder people usually gain so much during this time of year. So this week I am hitting it hard. I really do anticipate so loss. Good luck ladies.

3 comments:

kristal said...

NO $H!T!!! Seriously I haven't gained over the holidays and I've gotten WAY too much into the holidays, probably more than usual, but I'm slowly sneaking back into my size 10's, so I know it's just because I've lost muscle from not exersising. I hate the holidays now! boo! Ok, I actually loved them, and the past 2 weeks was quite the break from diet and exercise, but I'm sooe xcited to get back on track! You've done amazing. It was soo motivating to see you the other night! Don't move. Let's meet up for movies/lunch again sometime (not now cause I hate traveling in the snow..haha)! great work skinny girl!

kelly said...

You should be really proud of yourself for not putting on weight over the holidays. My husband and I usually do that very thing every year and then we get back into shape for the spring. This year will be the first that I have actually watched what I have been eating and really have made an effort at keeping the weight off over the holidays (thanks to Kathy). I have however hit a HUGE plateau and I am not budging anywhere. I am going to have to kick up my workouts even more intense over the next little bit. If you are doing the next challenge you will have a huge advantage because you are already on the right road and losing weight. Good luck!

dustyperle said...

So I decided to join you gals with the weight loss, or more so toneing some flabby arms for me. But I was reading a post that you had made a few entries ago (hope you don't mind) but it was about how you missed carbs. Well I read two books together that changed my mind about not eating carbs because I love them too. One book is "the eat clean diet" by tosca reno. She has a cook book and a cook book for your family too that are really yummy. She also has a couple of work out books that are pretty good. The other book was "You on a diet" by dr OZ. These two books taught me that carbs aren't bad and that your body needs them for energy. It is just the amount of carbs you take in that gives me these great love handles. My husband tells me htat I shouldn't open my mouth because girls will hate me. But I thought I would throw that out there and hope that you would just take it as me sharing what I have learned vs anything else. Besides what is life with out some yummy whole grain carbs!! oh and great work over the holidays sounds like your doing it right.