Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Distorted Vision of Myself

Okay, I am completely maintaining and I have to say, I have lost my drive. I know it's completely lame, but when I see everyone else kicking my tale, I just get frustrated and feel I shouldn't even try, but I know deep down inside that this isn't just a contest with others, it's my true desire to be in shape again. Not just skinny, but truly in shape. I am very disappointed in my body image right now. And you know what else, it seems I have some distorted vision of myself at the same time. There are definitely days, when I think I look so great and that I am not out of shape or overweight, when I clearly know I am. My brain is playing messed up tricks on my. So some days I see my self as I truly am and then I am completely bummed all day. Then there are other days when I feel I look great, and these are the days I will eat too many sweets just because I am already feeling good. So who the crud knows what's wrong with my brain? This week I weigh in at 160.4

2 comments:

kristal said...

This is SO me! I have days where I think, alright, I'm finally back into 8's, that's a good size for a tall girl (eat, eat eat) next day the scale goes up, I realize I still have more lbs to lose, then a few days later, I feel ok about my body again (eat eat eat). You're NOT ALONE!

Ashley said...

I have the same constant battle. Usually after I weigh in I start eating and just can't seem to stop. I have to kick my brain into gear that just because I lost 1 more pound does not mean I am where I want to be. It is usually takes a day or two sometimes 3 days before I get back on track. I have been so down the last few days trust me I know exactly how you feel.